Thursday, February 11, 2010

How can I get House (indoor) Paint out of a Black comforter?

My husband spilled paint in our daughters bedroom and some of it got on her new black comforter. It is a paint we used on our bedroom walls and it is a light tan color. I need something that will take out the paint without fading the black.How can I get House (indoor) Paint out of a Black comforter?
I was interested in this myself..check out this link to answer all your questions





As noted in answers, you really need to know if it was latex or oil paint. also, it is important to keep the paint stain moist for easier removal-good luck!How can I get House (indoor) Paint out of a Black comforter?
Try WD40. This has a base of fish oil and should not harm the color. If in doubt, try a very small area at a corner.
If its water base paint, try soaking it over night is water, it may loosen it up. Not knowing what the material is, WD-40 or Nail Polish remover could damage the cloth.
acetone nail polish remover





but it could fade a new black comforter, do a color test first.

No comments:

Post a Comment