Thursday, February 18, 2010

What do you charge per sq. ft. for indoor painting job?

A person I know wants me to paint two rooms in her house but I haven't the slightest idea on how to charge her. I don't want to over charge, but I also don't want to under charge. Anyone out there know the going rates? The rooms are a good size also, one has got to be 12x23 and the other is probably about 12x19. She is a packrat also so I'm sure I will have to move stuff as I paint. Please help me with a fair estimate. I live in Florida if that helps any. Thanks!What do you charge per sq. ft. for indoor painting job?
well first you multiple 12 x 19 = 228 and 12 x 23 = 276


and the total 228 + 276 = 504 then on indoor painting a cheap yet fair price is 60 cent per square foot so


.60 x 504 =302.40 , outdoor painting is usually around $1.20 , but for indoor i wouldnt charge more than a dollar. hope this helps , oh and by the way moving things is extra always , a painters job is to paint the home owner should have everything picked up and moved before the painter arives or is chrged the same as a moving company would chrge i would say at lease $25 per room depending on how much you have to move.What do you charge per sq. ft. for indoor painting job?
I am seeing a couple of you that is showing .68 to 1,00 sq foot and someone saying 1.50 sq foot. Do any of these include paint and material or is that extra on top of cost per square foot?

Report Abuse



OK, I live in FL and just had 3 estimates done for painting the inside of my house. I have a 1600sq. ft. house. The estimates ranged from $1100-$1600. So anywhere from about $.68 - $1.00 per square foot is fair. I would stay on the low end:)
I'm in Indiana and a friend just paid $100 a room, labor only. Didn't matter what the size was.
wow labor rates in florida are cheap,I live in the north and ama contractor and our going rate is 1.50 sq. ft for walls, if it is time and materials I bill my guys out at 60 an hour.
In Tennessee, 20 dollars an hour is a good rate. If charging by the job, I would estimate the cost of the paint-supplies and double the labor.


In other words, your 12 x 23 room will use primer and paint. About 60.00 total so your labor would be twice that. Coming to 120.00 + 60.00 Totaling 180.00 per room

No comments:

Post a Comment