Sunday, February 21, 2010

How long should acrylic indoor paint dry before putting the blue masking tape down to paint an adjacent color?

I am painting each wall of my bedroom a different color with Benjamin Moore Pearl Acrylic Latex paint. I have painted two opposite walls. I would like to continue with the other two, but I want to make sure that I've let the paint on the first two dry enough before I try to mask. I don't have much experience painting, so I don't trust my hand to paint without the tape. The walls will have had about 48 hours to dry when I would like to start with the adjacent walls.How long should acrylic indoor paint dry before putting the blue masking tape down to paint an adjacent color?
If you've left them for 48 hours they should be well dry enough to withstand the application AND removal of masking tape - but why do you need to use tape at all - are you so unsteady that you can't gently poke a brush into a corner - and don't forget, if you DO make a bit of a balls up, you can quickly wash the mistake off with water ! ! !How long should acrylic indoor paint dry before putting the blue masking tape down to paint an adjacent color?
i think you're good to go. if you feel that they arent cured yet (darker colors take longer) then try using some low tack tape. usually i wait for a day and use 3m tape with the orange core and it comes out perfect every time.





-professional painter
if ..if..if..you got to use tape...48hrs should be fine..de..tack the tape by putting it against yourself before applying
48 hours. Use low tack masking tape otherwise you will pull off the fresh paint. Otherwise you could you cardboard and move it along as you paint and you can use fresh pieces as youmove along the wall and throw the used pieces away immediately.. That is what I do.





Hope this helps and happy painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment