Sunday, February 21, 2010

Indoor/Outdoor spray paint?

I have a stencil that I made that I want to spray paint onto a shirt, but my black fabric spray paint won't work even though it's brand new so I was wondering, If I were to use black indoor/outdoor spray paint (the kind you use on wood and metal and what not) would it stay on the fabric or would it wash off easily? Thank you :)Indoor/Outdoor spray paint?
When I use stencils and or other things to paint shirts with, I have found the best thing to do is get the fabric paint in the little squeeze tubes that you get at walmart. Take a brush, and get some paint and just dab it on the stenciled area while you're holding the stencil on the shirt. Put a piece of wood or hard flat surface that you are ok with getting paint on it underneath the shirt layer.





For example, if you're painting the front, put the board inside the shirt so it doesn't bleed through onto the back. This paint is sooo cheap, like less then 3$ a bottle, it goes a long way, and is totally washable/dyer safe.Indoor/Outdoor spray paint?
Canvas,


Spray paint may or may not stay on fabric. If you try it, wash it entirely alone so if it does come off, it won't ruin any other clothes. I would just use fabric paint, or acrylic paint with a medium for fabric made for acrylic paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment