Thursday, February 18, 2010

What kind of paint should I use for an indoor mural?

I've been commissioned to do an indoor wall mural, and I've never painted one before. The mural is for a little girl's room, and the parents want me to paint: unicorns, a castle, ferries, etc. I'm going with a flat animated cartoon kind of look for everything, but I don't know what kind of paint to use nor do I know the best methods to paint it with.





I would appreciate any information you could give. Thanks!What kind of paint should I use for an indoor mural?
I paint murals and use, as noted above- Acrylic paint.


The paint to get for your value is Winsor %26amp; Newton Galleria paint, comes in big plastic containers that look like crayola crayons, but it is WAY better than liquitex for longevity and so forth.


First tip- don't go to Michael's unless you HAVE to. Go to a local art shop near the local University or college that sells materials for much cheaper (usually 40% less than Michael's).


copy and paste this to find out about the paint: http://www.dickblick.com/zz006/04/


here's my website to see about my murals and if you have any more questions: http://www.frikkinawesomefacepainting/pa鈥?/a>





Be sure to get some retarder (to keep it from drying so fast on your brushes), and some good dish soap to clean your brushes. Also- get a roller if you are doing a big blue sky, or rolly hills- it really comes in handy when your back is about to break for painting fro 6 straight hours on some huge wall.What kind of paint should I use for an indoor mural?
Yeah, I'd say acrylic because that is what I've used at our community theatre when I work on their sets.You can get big jars of powdered paint at art supply stores. I'd check with Hobby Lobby and such first though.
acrilic paint works for me

No comments:

Post a Comment