Sunday, February 21, 2010

I have patched some holes in an indoor wall with cement. How long do I need to wait to dry before painting?

The deepest cavity filled with cement is about 1.5 inches, the rest were only small holes. I want to put a plaster hole filling product over the cement also before I paint. Is 2 days long enough for the cement to be dry enough?I have patched some holes in an indoor wall with cement. How long do I need to wait to dry before painting?
It really depends on the weather where you are..





With that said 2 days is good but I would wait a week on that thicker one. You dont want it cracking after you put plaster over it.I have patched some holes in an indoor wall with cement. How long do I need to wait to dry before painting?
It takes 28 days for cement to cure! But however if it looks wet don't paint! However 2 days seems plenty of time but dont forget to prime it !
You can kind of tell by looking at it. It will look darker, like it's damp, in spots until it's fully cured. I would say 2 days is when it would be the earliest you could work on that surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment